Tuesday 22 April 2014

[Photo] Malaysia Breakfast Day Run 2014


Official results for Malaysia Breakfast Day Run 2014 available HERE


Malaysia Breakfast Day Run was successfully held on 20th April 2014 at Perbadanan Putrajaya. The crowd of 20,000 people have participate in this AWESOME event. Check out the official video HERE.

The organiser did a really good job in choosing Putrajaya as the race venue to accommodate the large crowd. The crowd is nearly double (or triple) compared to last year run which was held in Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM).

I arrived early for the event as I knew the large crowd will be packing the place and getting a car park will be a tough one. Before I even near the venue, I already seen lot of cars parking on the roadsides (within my expecation).

The only thing that I was not expecting is way beyond the starting time, a large pool of runners already standing by before the starting line. I can't even see the end of the queue from the starting point.



Media snapping photo before the start of the event
Closer view
I need to walk quite a distance to find the entrance to the designated runners' area. I can only see GREEN shirts in front of me. Nothing else!

The "Green" Scenery
Very hard to spot the starting point (on the middle right)
The best moment that I can feel even before the start of the event is truly the Satu Malaysia (One Malaysia) spirit. I saw people from all races gather there in the early morning to participate and ensure the event to be a successful and memorable one.

Let start the race!
The 7KM run started off sharp on 7.30am. Running in Putrajaya never fail to amaze me with the architectural buildings and fresher air (due to less moving vehicles). I don't need to worry on my safety when there is passing vehicles along the route as I rarely see any car. Distance markers for every kilometer are well displayed. Nothing much to write on the running experience as I'm quite satisfied with the preparation along the route.

Break my own record for 5KM
Actual distance is approximately 440 meter more 

The best part came after runners reach the finishing line. They will able to see plenty of Milo vehicles scatter systematically throughout the venue. Hooray! Free flow Milo! Those that do not mind to walk a distance further down from the finish line can expect shorter queue.

Queuing for Milo
A stage was set up for prize ceremony and entertainment performance to ensure the audience and participants were able to enjoy throughout the breakfast session.

Performance on stage
Hosts of the day, Nazrudin & Linora
Sufficient tables & chairs for the crowd
Milo packet mascots were seen wandering around to entertain children
Is time for photograph session with my dear runners after filling up my stomach with Milo and exploring the area.

We did it!
The Plank Runner
The Jumper
Jump & Pose!
The Dedicated Photographer

Overall, the event was very successful. I bet most of the participants were enjoyed on that lovely Sunday. Some runners also came with family to show their support for the event. I can't wait for the coming Malaysia Breakfast Day Run 2015.

Before I left for lunch, let me take a selfie....





Feel free to follow my Instagram (runningcuppa) or drop us some comments below for support!




No comments:

Post a Comment